Responsive Ad Slot

Popular Posts

Latest Posts


Career Advice For Young People - Financial Aids for Students

Jun 14, 2013

If you are aged between 16 and 19, and wish to continue studying or are about to get into work-based training, you can avail financial aids to help you pay for your education.

Education Maintenance Allowance (EMA) is applicable to those aged from 16 years to 19 years and in full-time education. Under EMA, expenses for books, equipment or travel are covered. The allowances vary according to the household income of the families. To receive this amount, you will need to have a bank account. The money will be deposited into this account directly.

A university education can be costly, but there is financial help you can seek. Higher studies are like long-term investments. A little expenditure here will ensure a secure career for the child. There are two kinds of costs for university education- one is the tuition fee and other is the cost of living. Both can be covered through student loans, bursaries and grants.

Student Loan is the easiest and cheapest form of loan that can be borrowed. The interest rates vary according to market trends that can be to your advantage. There are two kinds of loans- for tuition fee and cost of living. Make an estimate of the amount you will need for university funding. You can take a PPI along with the loan to insure the repayment. To know more about this policy and any other insurance information, kindly contact national insurance number.

For those of you who dropped college to look after your new born child, getting back to education has become easier. Thanks to the ‘Care to Learn’ scheme, the cost of looking after your baby can now be covered. Travel expenses are also taken care of in this scheme. A complete education will help you support your family better in the future.

The best way to know what career path is best for you is to take on an apprenticeship. You will gain experience from skilled professionals, get wages and may choose to study as well, though not full-time. You can apply for an apprenticeship if you are over 16, and are eligible to work in England. First, look for apprenticeship vacancies on websites, then register and apply. Depending on the apprenticeship, the term can be from one to four years.

If you have a disability or learning difficulty that is adding to expenses beyond usual university fee, you are eligible for financial aid. A physician’s written diagnostic report may be required. For further advice, contact a local Learning and Skills Council or National Bureau for Students with Disabilities. You may also be eligible for Disability Living Allowance, Income Support and Incapacity Benefit if you are disabled and working.

1 comment

  1. Education is much more important than all other things and behalf of this everybody get affected and their value as well. Doing diploma or any graduate degree education maintenance allowance is applicable to those who who wants the financial planning as a carrier education. Expenses for books, equipment or travel are covered. After a good education you will get all you need.


More Resources

Our Sponsors

Blog Archive